Most people associate rhinoplasty with surgery, as it can produce very dramatic and life-changing results. Modern advances have created a non-surgical version of this popular procedure that can significantly improve the appearance of the nose. Even minor changes can create a more attractive overall appearance, given that the nose is the face’s central feature. In addition, remember that there are other facial procedures you can incorporate with your non surgical rhinoplasty in Scottsdale, Arizona.
What to Expect
A nose job without surgery is performed through an injectable filler treatment on an outpatient basis. The nose is numbed topically, and no anesthesia is necessary. Injections are strategically administered to correct a wide array of unsatisfactory issues, including a droopy tip, nasal bump, irregularities due to a previous nasal surgery, and asymmetry.
Once injected, the physician massages the filler to mold it. Though tissues of the nose are not removed as they are during a traditional surgical procedure, the subtle changes enhance the look of the entire face. There is little to no downtime following this procedure, the cost is very low, and patients are able to view the results of the procedure immediately.
This nose reshaping procedure produces subtle changes, not the dramatic changes seen with surgical intervention. That is why this procedure is best for patients who want to correct minor issues with the nose and have realistic expectations.
Benefits of a Liquid Nose Job
• Procedure is reversible. If Restylane or Juvederm are used to sculpt the face, results can be reversed if patients do not like the results or decide to have a surgical rhinoplasty. Both fillers may be dissolved with hyaluronidase enzyme within hours.
• No downtime. Surgery comes with significant down time, including swelling and bruising that may last more than one week. A non-surgical approach leaves mild redness for a few days, and possibly light swelling and bruising, but patients may resume normal activities and work immediately.
• More affordable than surgery. The average cost for this procedure is about $750, compared to thousands for surgery. There are long-term costs, however, as maintenance fillers must be administered every 9 months to two years.
• Stepping stone to surgery. Some patients view injectables as the opportunity to try out changes to their nose before committing to a surgical procedure. While the results will not be identical, this procedure can give patients an idea of how they can look with a straighter nose, a more defined tip or a smaller bump.
• Corrects some complications of previous surgery. If surgery has resulted in complications or undesired results, fillers may be a solution for patients who do not want to undergo revision rhinoplasty.
Is a Non-Surgical Nose Job Right for You?
Candidates for this procedure are individuals who have minor cosmetic issues of the nose they would like to correct, such as a slightly crooked nose, a dip in the bridge, a hump or an unrefined tip. This procedure results in subtle changes, and it is not suitable for patients who want to correct breathing problems or have serious issues that must be corrected. Candidates for this procedure must also realize that results are not permanent and last for 9-24 months, which means maintenance injections will be necessary to maintain results. Visit us for your Non Surgical Rhinoplasty consultation at our Scottsdale office in Paradise Valley.
This procedure can provide very good results for the right patient, but it cannot fix every problem and it will add a slight amount of volume to the nose, although it can create an optical illusion to make the nose appear smaller. The best way to determine if you are a candidate is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Shapiro.
Soft Tissue Fillers
Facial aging is the result of many factors, including reduced collagen production in the body. Collagen is like a lattice that provides structure for healthy skin. In a non-surgical procedure, dermal fillers can substitute for collagen as the skin grows back.
Most dermal fillers available today are made from natural collagen and/or hyaluronic acid, which is another naturally occurring compound found in connective tissues. Dr. Shapiro, a renowned Scottsdale facial plastic surgeon, uses several types of fillers for this procedure, all with their own uses.
|Juvederm||Hyaluronic Acid||Volumizes Hydrates skin Produces a natural, youthful glow|
|Restylane||Hyaluronic Acid||Same as Juvederm Naturally occurring hyaluronic acid does not cause allergic reactions|
|Radiesse||Calcium||Activates growth of natural collagen Fills deep wrinkles and folds, especially around the mouth and nose Calcium is naturally absorbed|
|Sculptra||Synthetic material used in dissolving surgical stitches||Fills hollows beneath eyes and in the cheeks Corrects folds around the mouth and nose (nasolabial) Corrects jowls Can last for 2-3 years|
How soon will I see results?
Results of this procedure will be immediately apparent.
Is there any recovery?
There is no recovery period for a non-surgical nose reshaping procedure, although patients should take care to avoid injury to the nose.
Is this procedure painful?
Most patients tolerate injections very well. A topical numbing agent is applied before injections to make the procedure more comfortable.
How much does a non-surgical rhinoplasty cost?
The cost depends on the amount of correction necessary and the types of fillers used. The average cost for this procedure is $750.